DENIM CARE GUIDE
Denim is an extremely durable fabric, and Lee has been synonymous with durability since its establishment in 1889. We design heritage-inspired, timeless denim and apparel that is relevant season after season, and made with high quality fabrics that ensure durability and longevity.
WASHING YOUR DENIM
First up, check your care instruction labels because the experts know best! This will ensure correct washing procedures are followed which will prolong the life of your jeans.
To maintain the integrity and colour of your jeans/denim we would suggest that denim doesn’t need to be washed all that often, it can be spot cleaned or aired in between washes. In fact, character is further formed in your jeans the more you wear them without washing in between.
However, when you feel the need to wash your denim make it short and sweet.
- Turn your jeans inside out
- Cold wash with either a handful of salt or low enzyme detergent and fabric softener (again a few drops of essential oil can make your jeans smell sweet without reacting to the denim)
- Either hand wash or delicate wash
- Drip dry in the shade
Sidenote: Don’t forget, some black denims are sulphur based, which acts like super dark indigo and can sometimes bleed onto lighter colours.
CARING FOR YOUR DENIM
Tricks to not washing them are:
- Turn them inside out and air them on the line
- Add a few sprays of an essential oil like lavender in some water to make your jeans smell sweet, Lavender is antibacterial that can kill bacteria and nasty odours
- For spills and stains without washing - use baby wipes, or a vodka soaked rag and dab (don’t rub) these methods will both take out the stain and will dry without issue
APPAREL CARE GUIDE
At Lee we take care in producing the best quality clothing for you guys, and we would love you to take care of them too!
Here are some tips for you to look after your new Lee pieces!
Jersey & Knitwear pieces
- All of our jersey is designed to withstand a regular machine wash – however do always check the care label and follow the wash instructions we have provided
- We are conscious of the environment and the amount of water we use, so we would encourage to wash all your clothes on a short 30degree cycle
- With Knitted Jumpers, please follow the washing instructions given on your jumper’s care label. By following these you will keep your jumpers looking as awesome as the day you bought them
- All of our Shirting is designed to withstand a regular machine wash, however some of our shirts are in specialist fabrics which may require a dry clean only – please always check your garment’s care label for guidelines before washing them
- We encourage you not to wash jackets as they rarely need cleaning, but if you do need to clean your jacket we would always recommend checking with your local dry cleaner. Please always check your care label for guidance before cleaning your Jacket
Leather patches on Denim
- Like our denim, our branded patches are designed to fade & wear with your jeans so you have the complete authentic look
- Like Cotton, Leather is a natural material, and it’s characteristics change over time like denim, so if you notice slight differences on your leather patch after washing your jeans, please note this is normal and nothing to be worried about
…ONE LAST THING
When you think your denim has had its day remember the three R’s before discarding them: REPAIR, REUSE AND RECYCLE.